Measurement Clarification

Before you try any of my recipes I feel I should clarify one thing. When it comes to measurements in tsp or tbsp I don't use an exact tsp or tbsp measurement. I use a literal silverware tablespoon full or literal silverware teaspoon full. What does this all mean? Each tablespoon or teaspoon is closer to double if you're measuring an exact tablespoon or teaspoon.



Monday, December 19, 2011

Moist'n Corny Cornbread


I love cornbread....mmm...... Only problem is many I've had aren't well very corny. All I taste is honey or butter which are good and all but isn't this corn's moment to shine? Well look no further, the time is now.

Yield: (1) 9''x13'' pan

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 Cup Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Cornmeal
  • 2/3 Cup Granulated White Sugar
  • (1) 14oz Can of Creamed Corn 
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/3 Cup Oil
  • 3 tbsp Melted Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 1/4 Cup Milk
Recipe:

Mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

In a seperate bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the melted butter, eggs, milk, oil, and creamed corn.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Transfer batter to a 9''x13'' pan greased with butter.


Bake at 350F for 35min (achieves a slightly underdone cornbread, add an additional 5-10min for a more browned cornbread.)


Serve up with some honey and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe-the cornbread stays moist and reheats very well!

    ReplyDelete