Measurement Clarification

Before you try any of my recipes I feel I should clarify one thing. When it comes to measurements in tsp or tbsp I don't use an exact tsp or tbsp measurement. I use a literal silverware tablespoon full or literal silverware teaspoon full. What does this all mean? Each tablespoon or teaspoon is closer to double if you're measuring an exact tablespoon or teaspoon.



Friday, November 2, 2012

Grand Marnier Crème Anglaise

It often steals the show in Soufflés or any concoction it's used in, and I'm sure no one would complain if you replaced their milkshake with it. It's creme anglaise of course! Throw in some Grand Marnier and it's hard to stop drinking it on its own (I know soo bad). So here it is, easy Grand Marnier anglaise to use on anything or nothing (few more push ups will make up for it :).

Yield: ~1 1/2 Cup

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 4 Egg Yolks
  • 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar
  • 3 tbsp Grand Marnier
Recipe:

Whip together the egg yolks and sugar.


In a pot add the milk and cream.


Put over low to medium heat until brought to a low boil. Whisk occasionally to prevent burning.


Slowly add the cream/milk mixture to the egg sugar mixture and whisk constantly until combined.


Add in the Grand Marnier and you're done. Simple as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment