Measurement Clarification

Before you try any of my recipes I feel I should clarify one thing. When it comes to measurements in tsp or tbsp I don't use an exact tsp or tbsp measurement. I use a literal silverware tablespoon full or literal silverware teaspoon full. What does this all mean? Each tablespoon or teaspoon is closer to double if you're measuring an exact tablespoon or teaspoon.



Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fish Fillet With Black Bean Sauce

mmmm.....black bean sauce. When I go out for Chinese food this is one of my favorite dishes. Actually getting it to come together in my home kitchen is another story however. I had tried to reproduce this dish many times using store bought black bean sauce and all came out horrible. I nearly gave up until it dawned on me that I could actually make the black bean sauce myself. I have included the recipe for the black bean sauce Here. Homemade sauce makes such a difference that I'd say don't bother making this dish unless you make the black bean sauce yourself.

Yield: Feeds about 8 people

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Sole Fish Fillet
  • 3 Packages Deep Fried Tofu (I recommend Furama, it has less fat and is spongier than other brands.)
  • 5 tbsp Black Bean Sauce (Recipe Here)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
  • 3/4 Cup Water
  • 2 Bell Peppers (You can also use onion or both!!! I just wanted to mix it up)
Recipe:
Dice up the tofu, bell peppers, and fish. Add 1 tbsp cornstarch to a bowl, add the fish and coat thoroughly with the cornstarch.


Add some cooking oil to a pan, (I used about 2 tbsp peanut oil.) stir in the bell peppers.


Cook for about 5min on med heat.


Add in the fish.


Sear for about another 5min.


Add in the black bean sauce and 1/2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with the water.


Stir this around for another 5-10min or until the fish is fully cooked.


Marvel at its beauty, then enjoy!!!!!!

1 comment: