Measurement Clarification

Before you try any of my recipes I feel I should clarify one thing. When it comes to measurements in tsp or tbsp I don't use an exact tsp or tbsp measurement. I use a literal silverware tablespoon full or literal silverware teaspoon full. What does this all mean? Each tablespoon or teaspoon is closer to double if you're measuring an exact tablespoon or teaspoon.



Monday, March 12, 2012

Margarita Lime Cupcakes

I first tried a margarita lime cupcake in Santa Barbara when I was in school. It was amazing, I loved the tart of the lime and it was balanced perfectly by the savory sweetness of the cupcake. After leaving school however I sadly realized no one else seems to make these cupcakes. Am I the only one who likes a sour punch in the face with my cupcake?

It was with this terrible sadness and ever growing fondness that I embarked on a mission to recreate these beauties. At long last, I must say the mission is complete so pucker up and enjoy!!!!!

Yield: 12 cupcakes or 5 large muffin sized cupcakes

Ingredients:



Cupcake:
  • 125 Grams Flour (Roughly 1 Cup)    
  • 150 Grams Granulated White Sugar (Roughly 3/4 Cup)
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Cup Salted Butter (1 stick or 8 tablespoons)
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 3 oz by weight (roughly 85g) Margarita Mix
  • 1.5 oz by weight (roughly 43g) Tequila
Frosting:
  • 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
  • 1/4 Cup Salted Butter (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
Recipe:

Sift together the flour, and baking powder.


Beat the butter and white sugar together with a mixer until creamy.


Add the egg, margarita mix, and tequila. Slowly add the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.


Optionally, add 6 drops of green food coloring and mix until incorporated evenly.


Fill desired liners for cupcakes 3/4 full.

Bake at 325F for 25min if baking regular cupcakes or 40min if baking large muffin sized cupcakes.
Frosting:
Add the lime juice to the powdered sugar FIRST and mix until incorporated. Next, add the butter and mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
Frost up your cupcakes and don't share. For decorative purposes I used rainbow sprinkles and sour patch fruit slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment